We and our service providers may use the information collected from you (whether provided by you directly or automatically collected through technology) to:
- Manage, administer, promote, analyze and improve our Services.
- Respond to your questions or messages and fulfill your orders or requests for services.
- Customize the content you see and hear on our Services, including offering content from FEBSPOT.COM Member stations associated with your account or located near you and offering other content that may be of interest to you.
- Customize the sponsorship credits you see and hear on our Services and on third-party services you may use or visit.
- Recognize you as the same user as you access our Services using different computers, devices and browsers.
- Send you email newsletters and marketing, fundraising, membership and other communications from FEBSPOT.COM and our Member stations.
- Publish, broadcast or otherwise use stories or information you submit to us.
- Generate aggregate or other information that does not directly identify you as an individual or the devices you use to access our Services, and use and share that information for FEBSPOT.COM's purposes.
- We also may use the information collected from you in other ways, and for other purposes, that are described to you at the point of collection or for which we otherwise have obtained your consent.
Disclosure of Information
We also may share your name, email address and other personal information:
- With our Member stations, who may use this information for internal purposes and to send you email newsletters and marketing, fundraising, membership and other communications.
- With our authorized service providers for purposes of providing services on our behalf.
- With our authorized third-party applications for purposes of providing certain FEBSPOT.COM Services to you on the applications.
If we sell an FEBSPOT.COM Service or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- To protect or defend the rights of FEBSPOT.COM, our Member stations, our users or others.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- With persons we contact on your behalf when you choose to email, text, or otherwise share a story or other content through our Services.
- With other parties if we have disclosed such sharing to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent.
Security and Other Information
At FEBSPOT.COM, we recognize the importance of privacy to users of our Services.
Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
For California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California residents can request and obtain from us once a year and free of charge a list of all third parties to which FEBSPOT.COM has disclosed certain information during the preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all such requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the message field of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept these requests by telephone, mail or fax, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
FEBSPOT.COM cares about protecting the privacy of children. If you are a parent or guardian, we encourage you to become involved in your children's online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you are under 13, please do not register for our Services or provide us with any contact or other information, including your name, postal address or email address. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian before registering for FEBSPOT.COM Services or otherwise sending any contact or other information to FEBSPOT.COM.
We also may ask you to provide other information about yourself for various other purposes that we specify or make apparent at the time of collection.
Information Automatically Collected Through Technology
We and service providers working on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer or device and your interactions with our Services through access logs, cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies. Depending on which FEBSPOT.COM Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
- The Internet Protocol address (IP address) of the computer or device you used to access the FEBSPOT.COM Services or play podcasts or other media content downloaded through our Services.
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider.
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting an FEBSPOT.COM Service.
- Search terms you enter using the FEBSPOT.COM Services or on a referring website.
- Your approximate geographic location information (derived from request header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise information about the specific location of your device if you have given FEBSPOT.COM explicit consent to receive this information for an FEBSPOT.COM application on your mobile device.
- The make, model, carrier and unique device identifier for your mobile device, the unique advertising identifier (for example, the Apple IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers) or Google Advertising ID) that allows mobile applications running on your mobile device to gather data for purposes of serving targeted advertising or personalized or "interest-based" sponsorship credits, and other information about your computer or mobile device and its browser, operating system, settings and software.
Automobile make (for certain connected car platforms).
- The dates, times, duration, and frequency of your interactions with our Services.
- Your navigation path through the FEBSPOT.COM Services, including any "favorites" you select, and patterns in the paths you take.
- A list of files you download, listen to, view, email, text or otherwise share and other content preferences.
- The amount of time spent listening to or viewing media files or pages.
- Listening data collected both when you download and listen to podcasts or other media files. Listening data includes descriptions of the title, episodes, segments and sponsorship credits included in a podcast or other media file, time and date stamps for download and playback events (for example, when a file is downloaded and when playback of a particular segment or sponsorship credit starts, stops, is skipped or is paused), the mobile advertising identifier for your device (for example, the Apple IDFA or Google Advertising ID), session IDs and information about the device or platform used to download or play a particular file. The producers of any independently produced podcasts we distribute may also collect the same types of listening data subject to their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions, and information about the computer or device you use to read emails.
- Any errors you encountered during your use of our Services.
Analytics Data Collection
FEBSPOT.COM is committed to maintaining your trust. We want you to understand when and with whom we and service providers working on our behalf may share information about you that is collected through our Services.
Business transfers. We may share any collected information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of an FEBSPOT.COM Service or division, a merger, a consolidation, an asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Legal requirements. We and service providers working on our behalf may disclose any collected information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
With your consent. We and service providers working on our behalf may share any collected information when you expressly or implicitly consent to such disclosure. For example, if you use our Services to email or text a story to a friend, we would disclose your name to that friend together with the content you directed us to send.
Wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers. Wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers also may collect contact and other information and precise location data from our mobile services users through processes we do not control. You should check the privacy policies of your wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers for additional information.
Podcast producers. We may share with third-party producers listening and other data that does not identify you that we collect through your interaction with the podcasts and other media files produced by those third-party producers.
Aggregated and anonymous information. Subject to applicable law and your opt-out choices described below, and as we deem appropriate, we may share with third parties or allow them to collect directly any aggregated or other information that does not directly identify you as an individual. Such information may be used and combined with other information collected by the receiving parties pursuant to their own respective privacy policies, which we don't control. For example, we may share or authorize the collection of such information by service providers that help us analyze and improve our Services, provide us and other digital media organizations with ratings and ranking data, help us to create personalized content, or tailor sponsorship credits to your interests. We may also share or authorize the collection of such information by sponsors or their agencies to help them measure the impact of their sponsorship campaigns.
You have the following choices to update, correct and limit the collection and use of information gathered through our Services.
You have the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser is different, so select the "Help" menu in your browser for instructions on how to use the relevant tools and settings. Note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may lose access to certain features of the FEBSPOT.COM Services. For additional information regarding the cookies used in the FEBSPOT.COM Services, read FEBSPOT.COM's Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Google Analytics. To prevent data from being collected by Google Universal Analytics, use the opt-out browser add-on developed by Google for this purpose available here.
Interest-based messages. To opt out of receiving personalized or "interest-based" online sponsorship credits from our service providers and other participating companies, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. For information about controlling the collection of cross-app data from your mobile device for personalized or "interest-based" advertising or sponsorship credit purposes, visit http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. UK users, other European Economic Area (EEA) users and Swiss users can learn more and access opt-out tools from http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You also may adjust the settings on your device. For iOS mobile devices, go to "Settings" from your device's home screen, scroll down to "Privacy", select "Advertising", and turn on "Limit Ad Tracking." For Android mobile devices, go to "Google Settings" on your device, select "Ads"; and check the box labeled "Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt Out of Ads Personalization." (These device settings options may change in the future or otherwise may differ for certain devices; consult your device manufacturer's support literature for the most current information).
Note that if you opt out, you may still receive the same number of sponsorship credits as before but they may not be as relevant to your interests. Opting out of third-party interest-based sponsorship credits is a cookie-based process and will only affect the specific computer, device, and browser on which your opt-out choice is applied. If you subsequently delete your browser cookies, you will need to opt out again. For more information about opting out of interest-based messages, visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Precise location information. If you consent to our collection of your precise device location through an FEBSPOT.COM mobile application, you can withdraw your consent at any time and prevent the further collection of your precise location by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or the settings of the FEBSPOT.COM mobile application.
Do Not Track
Links to and from Other Sites and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies we don't control and may differ significantly from ours. For instance, clicking or tapping on a sponsorship credit or some third-party logos on the FEBSPOT.COM Services will take you to an entirely different site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that FEBSPOT.COM would not. You also may access FEBSPOT.COM content and the FEBSPOT.COM Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that FEBSPOT.COM would not. FEBSPOT.COM is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any such sites or services you visit or access.
Social Networking Services Sign-in and Sharing Tools