"I really want to meet with the representative of North Korea and find new solutions," U.S. President tweeted on Friday. Trump also confirmed that the second round of talks (February 27-28) will be held at Hanoi.
"My representatives arrived in North Korea and agreed on the date/time of the next round of negotiations," Donald Trump added. The White House stated that Stephen Biegun (U.S. Special Envoy for North Korea) went to a meeting with a representative of North Korea to agree on all the nuances of holding the summit.
“It was a productive negotiation. We decided to meet again before the summit to confirm all agreements. I’m sure that the second summit will help achieve excellent results and conclude new agreements,” Biegun said. North Korean officials said it was a productive meeting, too.
“I look forward to new negotiations, during which, we will achieve an excellent result. Kim is an excellent leader who will help North Korea become a great country,” Donald Trump posted on social networks. But, most experts believe that the parties will not find compromises during the next summit, arguing that North Korea is a "stumer."
- Leaders of North Korea and United States are ready to meet again
- Trump vs Kim. What will change after the second summit?
- Experts have found the secret base of ballistic missiles in North Korea
- Vietnam as a host for summit
- Trump and Kim will meet for talks again
- USA and North Korea trying to arrive at a consensus